What is distracting you from putting Jesus first?
- Credit: Archant
Is clutter filling up your life?
We have started the ‘big sort out’ in preparation for moving later this year. What this means is that the ‘stuff’ we have accumulated is being whittled down and we are considering why we have what we have and whether or not it is important to us, or whether it is just ‘stuff’.
It’s proving to be a good opportunity to take stock and think about what is really precious and what is just ‘filler’.
It seems very appropriate that we are doing this during Lent, which is a time to consider the things which clutter our lives and to get back to the basics of our faith.
Even in the church we clutter up the faith we hold dear with things which aren’t essential: buildings, vestments, services, words and more. They can add value, but can also be a distraction from putting Jesus first.
You may also want to watch:
What are your distractions?
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Nightingale hospital in running for top industry award
- 6 Honiton’s Julian Phillips wins Devon past Captains event
- 7 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 8 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 9 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 10 Honiton win Devon County Mixed Pairs