What is distracting you from putting Jesus first?
- Credit: Archant
Is clutter filling up your life?
We have started the ‘big sort out’ in preparation for moving later this year. What this means is that the ‘stuff’ we have accumulated is being whittled down and we are considering why we have what we have and whether or not it is important to us, or whether it is just ‘stuff’.
It’s proving to be a good opportunity to take stock and think about what is really precious and what is just ‘filler’.
It seems very appropriate that we are doing this during Lent, which is a time to consider the things which clutter our lives and to get back to the basics of our faith.
Even in the church we clutter up the faith we hold dear with things which aren’t essential: buildings, vestments, services, words and more. They can add value, but can also be a distraction from putting Jesus first.
You may also want to watch:
What are your distractions?
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis