Wheelchair accident woman dies
Tragedy for family visiting Lyme Regis.
A 20-year-old visitor to Lyme Regis has died in hospital after her electric wheelchair rolled into the sea.
The woman, who was from the West Midlands, was visiting the resort with her family yesterday (Friday) when the accident happened.
The group had been waiting to board a boat for a pleasure trip when the accident happened at Victoria Pier.
She was flown by air ambulance to Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester, but later died.
Emergency services were called to the vicinity of the Cobb just before 1pm, following reports that a wheelchair had plunged into the sea.
Police, paramedics and the RNLI assisted at the scene.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Village fundraisers are rewarded as new play park opens
- 5 Lions quick on the draw to maintain fundraising mission
- 6 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 7 Lord Lieutenant leads county charity’s 60th anniversary salute
- 8 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 9 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 10 Lacemaker whose skills were admired by the Royal family
The dead woman has not been named.