When do you want to see your GP?
Consultation under way.
WHEN and where do you want to see your GP?
NHS Devon is inviting people to have their say.
The Government is looking at ways to remove catchment areas so that people can choose the GP practice that best suits them.
A questionnaire is available on the Department of Health website, which asks for people’s views on topics ranging from funding and patient lists to community-based services and the right to choose.
You may also want to watch:
It can be accessed at: www.GPchoice.dh.gov.uk
Gill Munday, NHS Devon’s primary care manager, said: “We know that most people want a GP practice that is close to their own home but realise some may find it difficult if they work full-time out of the area where they live.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
“At the moment people have to choose a GP practice that is close to where they live but the Government is looking at options to change this so people can choose a GP practice that best suits their needs.
“So we are asking people to tell us what would influence them in registering at a practice, whether it is longer opening hours, location or the services available.”