Who would steal this?
DETECTIVES are investigating an unusual theft from a building site near Shute. A 12ft bio-digester and 160 breeze blocks, along with tools and fence panels, were taken from the site recently, according Honiton CID.
DETECTIVES are investigating an unusual theft from a building site near Shute.
A 12ft bio-digester and 160 breeze blocks, along with tools and fence panels, were taken from the site recently, according Honiton CID.
The Diotec bio-digester tank is worth �5,500 and was being used instead of a sceptic tank.
It is putty coloured and made of fibre glass.
Detective Constable Paul Perryman told the Herald: "The items were stolen from an unoccupied, new-build property sometime between October 3 and 6.
"A large amount of property was stolen, including furniture and building materials to a value of about �19,000."
- 1 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 2 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 3 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 4 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 7 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 8 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 9 Pub organises fundraising gigs for Ukraine
- 10 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
DC Perryman added: "The bio-digester is large and heavy, and would have needed plant machinery to move it.
"I cannot believe that nobody saw it being transported."
If anyone can help police trace the missing items, they are asked to call Honiton CID on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference KA/09/521.