Who would steal this?
DETECTIVES are investigating an unusual theft from a building site near Shute. A 12ft bio-digester and 160 breeze blocks, along with tools and fence panels, were taken from the site recently, according Honiton CID.
DETECTIVES are investigating an unusual theft from a building site near Shute.
A 12ft bio-digester and 160 breeze blocks, along with tools and fence panels, were taken from the site recently, according Honiton CID.
The Diotec bio-digester tank is worth �5,500 and was being used instead of a sceptic tank.
It is putty coloured and made of fibre glass.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Paul Perryman told the Herald: "The items were stolen from an unoccupied, new-build property sometime between October 3 and 6.
"A large amount of property was stolen, including furniture and building materials to a value of about �19,000."
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 7 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 8 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 9 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
- 10 Yarty Party is back with a line-up to lift spirits and entertain
DC Perryman added: "The bio-digester is large and heavy, and would have needed plant machinery to move it.
"I cannot believe that nobody saw it being transported."
If anyone can help police trace the missing items, they are asked to call Honiton CID on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference KA/09/521.