Who would steal this?
DETECTIVES are investigating an unusual theft from a building site near Shute. A 12ft bio-digester and 160 breeze blocks, along with tools and fence panels, were taken from the site recently, according Honiton CID.
DETECTIVES are investigating an unusual theft from a building site near Shute.
A 12ft bio-digester and 160 breeze blocks, along with tools and fence panels, were taken from the site recently, according Honiton CID.
The Diotec bio-digester tank is worth �5,500 and was being used instead of a sceptic tank.
It is putty coloured and made of fibre glass.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Paul Perryman told the Herald: "The items were stolen from an unoccupied, new-build property sometime between October 3 and 6.
"A large amount of property was stolen, including furniture and building materials to a value of about �19,000."
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
DC Perryman added: "The bio-digester is large and heavy, and would have needed plant machinery to move it.
"I cannot believe that nobody saw it being transported."
If anyone can help police trace the missing items, they are asked to call Honiton CID on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference KA/09/521.