Why double yellow lines are needed in Oaklea
Honiton residents fed up with inappropriate parking.
THIS photograph clearly illustrates why Devon County Council agreed to paint double yellow lines in Oaklea, Honiton.
Residents say this is just one example of inappropriate parking on the estate.
Drives have been blocked and vehicles left on bends, restricting access for not only residents but the emergency services.
The photograph is one of a number taken by a concerned resident.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Town Council backed residents’ calls for action.
Oaklea is centrally located and is being used by workers who will not pay to park in two nearby car parks.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 3 Hundreds of sites are earmarked for new development
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Property of the Week: Otter Mill
- 7 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 8 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 9 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 10 It's time to get on your bike for the Hospiscare Tour de Devon