Why double yellow lines are needed in Oaklea
Honiton residents fed up with inappropriate parking.
THIS photograph clearly illustrates why Devon County Council agreed to paint double yellow lines in Oaklea, Honiton.
Residents say this is just one example of inappropriate parking on the estate.
Drives have been blocked and vehicles left on bends, restricting access for not only residents but the emergency services.
The photograph is one of a number taken by a concerned resident.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Town Council backed residents’ calls for action.
Oaklea is centrally located and is being used by workers who will not pay to park in two nearby car parks.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter