Why double yellow lines are needed in Oaklea
Honiton residents fed up with inappropriate parking.
THIS photograph clearly illustrates why Devon County Council agreed to paint double yellow lines in Oaklea, Honiton.
Residents say this is just one example of inappropriate parking on the estate.
Drives have been blocked and vehicles left on bends, restricting access for not only residents but the emergency services.
The photograph is one of a number taken by a concerned resident.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Town Council backed residents’ calls for action.
Oaklea is centrally located and is being used by workers who will not pay to park in two nearby car parks.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 5 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 The importance of renewable energy
- 10 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event