Wilmington couple celebrate 70 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A Wilmington couple have celebrated their platinum wedding anniversary.
Ronald and Joyce Hutton, who have lived in the village for 36 years, were joined by their family, including two children Robert and Roger, five grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren, on Easter Sunday to mark 70 years of marriage.
The celebration took place at the Compass Inn, Tormarton, South Gloucestershire.
The couple grew up in Bristol, living in the city for the majority of their working lives before moving to Wilmington.
Ronald and Joyce met on August 7, 1942, after being introduced by a mutual friend. They later went on their first date to see the film The Bugle Sounds at the local cinema.
You may also want to watch:
The couple were married on April 22, 1944, at Bristol Registry Office.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying