Witnesses sought after assault in High Street
- Credit: Archant
A local man and woman were left needing hospital treatment following the assault in Honiton.
A man and woman were left needing hospital treatment following an assault in Honiton.
Police say the victims, who were from the town, were attacked after trying to break up an argument between another man and woman.
A statement issued by the police said: “The arguing pair, plus another woman, assaulted the female victim outside Costa Coffee and the man outside the war memorial.
“The 41-year-old man suffered serious injuries including broken ribs and the 40-year-old woman sustained black eyes.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident is currently under investigation and police are appealing to anyone who witnessed the incident, which occurred just after midnight on Monday, December 31, to contact them.
Police are seeking three suspects - two women and a man. The man is described as being around 6ft tall with dark hair and one of the women had long black hair.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
Anyone with information is urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, quoting KH/12/950.