Woman dies after A35 crash at Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Two others are in a critical condition in hospital
A woman has died after a crash on the A35 Charmouth Road at Axminster on Saturday evening.
At approximately 6pm on two vehicles were involved in a head on collision.
A Honda motor car from the Dorset area and a Vauxhall Zafira from The Isle of Wight were involved in the crash.
As a result a 46 year old woman from the Isle of Wight received fatal injuries. Two other occupants of the same vehicle remain in a critical condition in hospital. Next of kin have been informed and enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 101 quoting log reference 569 30/01/2016
Meanwhile Axminster Town Councillor Joy Raymond who represents the Raymonds Hill Ward said: “First of all our sympathies must be with the families of all those involved in this dreadful RTC. As highlighted in the recently released Dorset Police figures, this particular stretch of the A35 between Red Lane and Scotts Lane is one of the worst for incidents on the whole of the A35. I will be pressing our MP Neil Parish to ensure Highways England follow up their proposed improvements on the A35 at Hunters Lodge junction (which are due to be carried out this Spring) with a close inspection further along the road right up to the Devon Border sign to see if anything can be done to improve travellers safety.”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 What are you going to throw at us this year? - Furrowed Brow