Woman dies after car hits tree
Accident on A30, near Honiton.
A woman has died and a man is in a critical condition in hospital after a car hit a tree near Honiton on Monday night.
The dead woman, who was 40, was a passenger in a silver Hyundai, which was involved in a single vehicle collision on the A30, near Rawridge.
Police say the crash happened at around 10.50pm.
A spokesman said the woman was from the Paignton area.
The driver, a 43-year-old man from Torquay, was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where his condition is being described as critical but stable.
The road was closed for six hours.
- 1 Council on the lookout for site of new East Devon town
- 2 Fundraising plea for Honiton community hub
- 3 Dalwood country fair this August
- 4 Proposals for new solar farm off land near A30
- 5 Green flag award for four East Devon parks
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
- 8 Dog show to raise vital funds for Devon Air Ambulance and Blue Cross
- 9 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 10 Dracula at Seaton - something to sink your teeth into this summer
Police are appealing for witnesses to call 101 and quote log 841 of 160412.