Woman dies after car hits tree
Accident on A30, near Honiton.
A woman has died and a man is in a critical condition in hospital after a car hit a tree near Honiton on Monday night.
The dead woman, who was 40, was a passenger in a silver Hyundai, which was involved in a single vehicle collision on the A30, near Rawridge.
Police say the crash happened at around 10.50pm.
A spokesman said the woman was from the Paignton area.
You may also want to watch:
The driver, a 43-year-old man from Torquay, was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where his condition is being described as critical but stable.
The road was closed for six hours.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Police are appealing for witnesses to call 101 and quote log 841 of 160412.