Woman dies after car hits tree
Accident on A30, near Honiton.
A woman has died and a man is in a critical condition in hospital after a car hit a tree near Honiton on Monday night.
The dead woman, who was 40, was a passenger in a silver Hyundai, which was involved in a single vehicle collision on the A30, near Rawridge.
Police say the crash happened at around 10.50pm.
A spokesman said the woman was from the Paignton area.
You may also want to watch:
The driver, a 43-year-old man from Torquay, was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where his condition is being described as critical but stable.
The road was closed for six hours.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
Police are appealing for witnesses to call 101 and quote log 841 of 160412.