Woman dies in road crash near Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Two other people suffer life-changing injuries
A woman died and two other people suffered life-changing injuries in a road collision on the A35 between Axminster and Charmouth yesterday (Sunday, March 15).
The collision occurred at around 2.30pm at Greenway Head, near Raymonds Hill.
A silver Toyota Prius driven by a 63-year-old man from the Lincolnshire area collided with a blue Peugeot car driven by a 28-year-old woman from the Lyme Regis area.
The front seat passenger of the Toyota car, a 59-year-old woman from the Lincolnshire area, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The drivers of both vehicles suffered serious life changing Injuries and were taken to hospital for treatment.
The road was closed for several hours whilst investigators examined the scene.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Any witnesses to the collision or the manner of driving of the vehicles involved are asked to contact Police Constable Gareth Blaken of Weymouth traffic police on 101 quoting incident number 15:250.
Alternatively, call the free and anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111 where mobile phone tariffs may apply.