Woman ‘distraught’ after cat’s leg dislocated
Is injury linked to late night disturbance?
A Honiton woman says she is distraught after her pet cat returned home with a dislocated leg.
The woman, who lives off Exeter Road, discovered the 13-year-old tom cat was injured yesterday (Sunday) morning.
She is appealing for information about a disturbance near her home, which occurred at around 1.30am on Sunday.
“A female was heard to shout ‘Leave him alone’,” said the woman, who asked not to be named.
“It could be that the disturbance has got nothing to do with my cat’s injuries, but I need to know.
“I don’t feel I can go to the police without any kind of proof.”
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 10 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
The woman believes a white van passed the disturbance and tooted its horn.
She is asking the driver of that vehicle to let her know if he saw the cat being attacked.
“It is extortionately upsetting; I am distraught,” she said.
If you saw the disturbance you can contact the woman via the Midweek Herald on (01392) 888488.