Woman in ‘serious condition’ in hospital after collision near Honiton
- Credit: Archant
The incident, which involved a green BMW and a white Fiat Ducato, happened between Monkton and Aplins Farm shortly before 6pm on Sunday.
Two people were rushed to hospital after a two-car collision near Honiton forced the closure of a road for nearly five hours.
The incident, which involved a green BMW and a white Fiat Ducato, happened between Monkton and Aplins Farm shortly before 6pm on Sunday, September 10.
The driver of the BMW, a 41-year-old woman, was extracted from the vehicle and airlifted to Southmead Hospital Bristol where she remains in a serious condition.
A passenger from the same vehicle was also injured.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the second vehicle, a 53-year-man from Kent, was injured and treated at the scene by paramedics.
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said one rapid response vehicle, two ambulances, an the air ambulance responded to the incident,
- 1 More grants dished out to groups providing crisis support
- 2 Honiton town council confirms Beehive car park changes
- 3 Sunday parking charge for Honiton, Axminster and Ottery
- 4 Seaton needs to 'gear up' for life after Covid
- 5 Championship memories with Dunkeswell Rovers
- 6 How Honiton welcomed home its heroes from battlefields
- 7 Seaton and Beer say farewell to vicar and his family
- 8 New blueprint for rail travel in East Devon
- 9 Surprise funding boost for animal sanctuary
- 10 Town's u3a group celebrates publicity coup
The road was closed for four-and-a-half hours while officers attended the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting log number 608 10/09/17.s