Woman in ‘serious condition’ in hospital after collision near Honiton
- Credit: Archant
The incident, which involved a green BMW and a white Fiat Ducato, happened between Monkton and Aplins Farm shortly before 6pm on Sunday.
Two people were rushed to hospital after a two-car collision near Honiton forced the closure of a road for nearly five hours.
The incident, which involved a green BMW and a white Fiat Ducato, happened between Monkton and Aplins Farm shortly before 6pm on Sunday, September 10.
The driver of the BMW, a 41-year-old woman, was extracted from the vehicle and airlifted to Southmead Hospital Bristol where she remains in a serious condition.
A passenger from the same vehicle was also injured.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the second vehicle, a 53-year-man from Kent, was injured and treated at the scene by paramedics.
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said one rapid response vehicle, two ambulances, an the air ambulance responded to the incident,
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
The road was closed for four-and-a-half hours while officers attended the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on email@example.com or call 101 quoting log number 608 10/09/17.s