Woman killed in Axminster crash
- Credit: Archant
Police confirm that 82-year-old female passenger was declared dead at the scene.
Police are appealing for witnesses after an 82-year-old woman died in a road traffic collision at Hunters Lodge, near Axminster, yesterday (10 July).
At 4.25pm emergency services were called to a collision between a Renault Kangoo van and a Vauxhall Corsa on the A35.
The three female occupants of the Corsa were trapped in the vehicle and were injured.
The female back seat passenger was pronounced deceased at the scene. Formal identification has not yet been completed although next of kin have been made aware.
You may also want to watch:
The female driver of the car, an 85-year-old woman from Middlesex, and the female front seat passenger were taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
The driver of the Kangoo van, a 61-year-old man from Beer, suffered a minor injury but did not require hospital treatment.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
A specialist forensic investigation of the scene took place and the A35 was closed for seven-and-a-half hours.
Police from the Force Serious Collisions Investigation Unit would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision and can be contacted on 101, quoting log number 553 of 100713.