Woman rescued from smoke-filled property after kitchen cooker blaze

PUBLISHED: 14:12 21 June 2019 | UPDATED: 11:47 25 June 2019

Fire engine.

Fire engine.

Archant

A woman was rescued from a smoke filled house and given first aid following a kitchen cooker blaze.

The incident happened in Riverside, Hemyock, on Wednesday (June 19), just before 6pm.

Two fire engines from Wellington and one from Taunton responded to the call and upon arrival, found the property full of smoke with one person still inside.

Fire control gave fire survival guidance to the occupier until the crews arrived.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "On arrival crews confirmed that the property was heavily smoke-logged and they removed one adult female from the property.

"The fire was confined to the cooker in the kitchen.

"There was only fire damage to a saucepan and it was removed to the open by fire crews.

"The female was given first aid by crews until the ambulance arrived."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald