Woman’s body found on railway line
The body of a missing woman, who had been living in Honiton, has been found in Somerset.
A MISSING woman, who had been living in the Honiton area, has been found dead on a railway line in Somerset.
The body, found at Chard Junction, was identified as the missing 36-year-old, who had been a patient at Wonford House.
Staff from The Cedars at Wonford House alerted police after she went missing at around 11.30am on Thursday, May 5.
The report resulted in a large scale search. Police used a helicopter and dogs in the Exeter area, but were unable to locate her.
You may also want to watch:
Police were later informed by Avon and Somerset Police that a body had been found on the railway line.
The death is not thought to be suspicious and is being dealt with by British Transport Police.
- 1 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 2 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 3 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
- 6 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 7 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 8 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 9 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
The Somerset coroner has been informed.