Woman suffers burns following house fire, Lyme Regis

A WOMAN suffered burns to her arm following a house fire in Lyme Regis yesterday morning (July 4)

Firefighters in five engines were called out to Cobb Road at 8.30am and put the fire out using hose reel jets and breathing apparatus.

The fire destroyed the roof and attic space of the home and the first floor was damaged by water from pumps.

An ambulance was also called out and the woman was treated at the scene.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a de-humidifier in the attic.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter