Woman treated for smoke inhalation, Honiton

PUBLISHED: 10:18 17 May 2010 | UPDATED: 01:14 16 June 2010

The scene in Honiton High Street following a fire in a first floor flat.

The scene in Honiton High Street following a fire in a first floor flat.

A WOMAN was treated for the effect of smoke inhalation following a fire in a first floor flat in High Street, Honiton.

A WOMAN was treated for the effect of smoke inhalation following a fire in a first floor flat in High Street, Honiton.

Two fire appliances from Honiton were called to an initial report of smoke in the walkway landing of flats above a shop in the High Street in Honiton.

The call-out was received at 4.45pm last Thursday.

When the first appliance arrived at the scene, firefighters requested further assistance and another appliance was mobilised to the incident from Ottery St Mary. An ambulance was required for one female suffering smoke inhalation at the scene.

There was a fire in a first floor flat involving a sofa and two breathing apparatus and one hose reel was used to extinguish the fire.

The female casualty was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by ambulance personnel.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald