Woman treated for smoke inhalation, Honiton

A WOMAN was treated for the effect of smoke inhalation following a fire in a first floor flat in High Street, Honiton.

A WOMAN was treated for the effect of smoke inhalation following a fire in a first floor flat in High Street, Honiton.

Two fire appliances from Honiton were called to an initial report of smoke in the walkway landing of flats above a shop in the High Street in Honiton.

The call-out was received at 4.45pm last Thursday.

When the first appliance arrived at the scene, firefighters requested further assistance and another appliance was mobilised to the incident from Ottery St Mary. An ambulance was required for one female suffering smoke inhalation at the scene.


You may also want to watch:


There was a fire in a first floor flat involving a sofa and two breathing apparatus and one hose reel was used to extinguish the fire.

The female casualty was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by ambulance personnel.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus