Wood burning stove sparks Kilmington fire

PUBLISHED: 09:15 07 November 2013 | UPDATED: 09:15 07 November 2013

Axminster fire engine

Axminster fire engine

Archant

Axminster crew called to extinguish blaze and check the loft space for hotspots

Axminster firefighters were called to a chimney fire at a house in Kilmington last night (Wednesday).

The crew extinguished the blaze from a wood burning stove, using chimney gear,l from the hearth. They also checked the loft space using a thermal image camera as a precaution. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald