Flower arrangers create woodland designs
- Credit: Archant
Ladies from Honiton and Axminster congratulated for their displays
Flower arrangers from Axminster and Honiton created magical winter woodland designs at a workshop at Combe St Nicholas Village Hall.
In a step-by-step demonstration they were shown how to condition their flowers and foliage, in a hand-woven willow trough.
Carole Hanna and Gillie George, from Axminster, were in the class. Carole said: “I was extremely pleased with the beautiful trough I made.”
“This was another lovely, uplifting flower arranging morning,” added Gillie.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Bennett, a first-time flower arranger, from Honiton, said: “I was really pleased I went. Everyone was very friendly and our tutor was always on hand to help.”
Award-winning Somerset tutor Jackie Nicholls, from Ashville Design, who runs the workshops said: “Helen had never been flower arranging before and proved that you really don’t need any experience to have a go, she produced a beautiful design. Everyone who attended should be very proud of their work – a huge well done from me!”
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 What are you going to throw at us this year? - Furrowed Brow
For details of upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call Jackie on 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683.