Woolworths: Herald asks Iceland if it will lease soon-to-be vacant store
YOUR Midweek Herald has today asked frozen food firm Iceland if it will consider returning to Honiton – in premises currently occupied by Woolworths.
YOUR Midweek Herald has today asked frozen food firm Iceland if it will consider returning to Honiton - in premises currently occupied by Woolworths.
Woolworths will close on December 27.
Three years ago, when Iceland pulled out of Lace Walk as part of a deal with Marks & Spencer, the Herald asked Iceland if it would consider returning to the town in the future. The question was prompted by readers, who considered staging a 'Save our Iceland' demonstration in the town.
The reply was: "Yes, if we can find suitable premises."
You may also want to watch:
Today the Herald has pointed out suitable premises are imminently about to be available.
Watch this space for the response.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Major accolade for driving school
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world