Woolworths: Herald asks Iceland if it will lease soon-to-be vacant store
YOUR Midweek Herald has today asked frozen food firm Iceland if it will consider returning to Honiton – in premises currently occupied by Woolworths.
YOUR Midweek Herald has today asked frozen food firm Iceland if it will consider returning to Honiton - in premises currently occupied by Woolworths.
Woolworths will close on December 27.
Three years ago, when Iceland pulled out of Lace Walk as part of a deal with Marks & Spencer, the Herald asked Iceland if it would consider returning to the town in the future. The question was prompted by readers, who considered staging a 'Save our Iceland' demonstration in the town.
The reply was: "Yes, if we can find suitable premises."
You may also want to watch:
Today the Herald has pointed out suitable premises are imminently about to be available.
Watch this space for the response.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 Have your say on future development of village
- 4 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 7 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes