Work starts on Cranbrook infrastructure
�9million work on the Cylst Honiton bypass gets under way tomorrow (Friday) to provide access to the new community of Cranbrook and Skypark business park.
Vital work on the infrastructure for the new community of Cranbrook will officially get under way tomorrow (Friday).
The �9m work on the Clyst Honiton bypass is part of a phased access strategy for the Skypark business park, Intermodal Freight Terminal and Cranbrook.
It will accommodate journeys to and from the developments and the strategic road network, keeping heavy traffic off smaller local roads.
The route of the new road is located on land to the east of the village of Clyst Honiton, linking the ‘new’ A30 trunk road from the airport junction to the former A30, which is now the B3174, to the north.
You may also want to watch:
To meet aviation safety standards the construction of the bypass will include a new tunnel as it passes the end of the runway for Exeter International Airport.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott