Work starts on Cranbrook infrastructure
�9million work on the Cylst Honiton bypass gets under way tomorrow (Friday) to provide access to the new community of Cranbrook and Skypark business park.
Vital work on the infrastructure for the new community of Cranbrook will officially get under way tomorrow (Friday).
The �9m work on the Clyst Honiton bypass is part of a phased access strategy for the Skypark business park, Intermodal Freight Terminal and Cranbrook.
It will accommodate journeys to and from the developments and the strategic road network, keeping heavy traffic off smaller local roads.
The route of the new road is located on land to the east of the village of Clyst Honiton, linking the ‘new’ A30 trunk road from the airport junction to the former A30, which is now the B3174, to the north.
You may also want to watch:
To meet aviation safety standards the construction of the bypass will include a new tunnel as it passes the end of the runway for Exeter International Airport.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track