Work to upgrade Axminster station set to start
Ticket office will be closed for a week while the upgrade takes place
THE ticket office at Axminster railway station will close tomorrow (Friday October 28) when work begins to upgrade facilities.
The improvements – which include installation of new automatic doors - are being carried out as re part of South West Trains commitment to provide better access to its stations.
The work also includes the provision of new flooring in the station concourse, refurbishment of the existing toilets and the installation of a new accessible toilet.
During the upgrade, the ticket office will remain closed and will reopen on Friday (November 4). All other station facilities remain operational and train services are not affected.
Alternative ticket arrangements are:
•? Tickets for travel on the day can be purchased from the ticket vending machine in the station. South West Trains’ staff will also be on hand to help with purchasing tickets.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
•? Advance purchase tickets can either be purchased online at www.southwesttrains.co.uk, or by phone by calling 0845 6000 650. These tickets can be collected at the ticket vending machine at Axminster.
•? Alternatively, passengers can purchase their advance tickets at Honiton station.