Work to upgrade Axminster station set to start
Ticket office will be closed for a week while the upgrade takes place
THE ticket office at Axminster railway station will close tomorrow (Friday October 28) when work begins to upgrade facilities.
The improvements – which include installation of new automatic doors - are being carried out as re part of South West Trains commitment to provide better access to its stations.
The work also includes the provision of new flooring in the station concourse, refurbishment of the existing toilets and the installation of a new accessible toilet.
During the upgrade, the ticket office will remain closed and will reopen on Friday (November 4). All other station facilities remain operational and train services are not affected.
You may also want to watch:
Alternative ticket arrangements are:
•? Tickets for travel on the day can be purchased from the ticket vending machine in the station. South West Trains’ staff will also be on hand to help with purchasing tickets.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
•? Advance purchase tickets can either be purchased online at www.southwesttrains.co.uk, or by phone by calling 0845 6000 650. These tickets can be collected at the ticket vending machine at Axminster.
•? Alternatively, passengers can purchase their advance tickets at Honiton station.