Workmen mistaken for aliens
Honiton councillor says green figures looked “like Martians in the War of the Worlds”.
From a distance, they looked like little green men - but were nothing of the sort when residents in Honiton took a closer look.
The residents, who live in the Littletown area, thought they had spotted aliens on their village green.
“They were digging into the green like Martians in the War of the Worlds,” said local councillor Mike Allen.
“But, actually, they were workmen from the council, strengthening the riverbed.”
You may also want to watch:
And they weren’t green at all - just their jackets.
Councillor Allen added: “I hope the area recovers soon, because, right now, it is really muddy in that corner, as well as on the path to the southern-most gate.”
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'