Holyrood headteacher saddles up for charity
- Credit: Archant
The Holyrood Academy headteacher cycled 240 miles in a day to raise money for NHS charities.
Dave MacCormick was taking part in the online event ‘World in a Day’ from his home on a static bike.
The event was organised by Mark Beaumont, who recently circumnavigated the globe by bicycle in world record time, and ran from 4am to 8pm on Thursday, May 14.
In total, Holyrood staff, students and their families have raised more than £1500 for the cause so far.
Mr MacCormick said: “I was delighted to take part in this amazing event but it was gruelling!
You may also want to watch:
“To ride, albeit online, with Olympians, Paralympians and world record holders was a once in a lifetime experience.
“I have been so proud of how our school has pulled together to support our students and the community through this crisis and I hope that the money we have raised will help in a small way to help those people most in need.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery