Yarcombe raises the roof
Residents celebrate completion of restoration work to the village hall.
Yarcombe residents raised the roof to celebrate the completion of restoration work to its village hall.
The village hall, which is situated alongside the village church and community pub, has undergone improvements to the roof as well as redecoration work on the inside of the building.
To mark the occasion a buffet was laid on by the Jubilee Hall ladies for those who helped to finance and support fund-raising efforts to complete the project.
The hall’s original roof, which had stood the test of time for 75-years, was refurbished by Andrew Hart and The Arc Angels, who were also present at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Hall Committee David Meyrick praised their determination to complete the project during this most difficult summer weather.
He also thanked all those who had given grants towards the project.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
Hall committee member Clifford Every and his team of Dave Davenport, Matt Stubbington, Ruth Everitt and Peter Nicholls, who redecorated the inside of the hall, received a rapturous applause for their efforts.
Craft Club member Kia Helston, of Axminster, won the �100 prize in the Sammy Slate raffle, which raised �1750 towards the roof fund.