Yarcombe raises the roof
Residents celebrate completion of restoration work to the village hall.
Yarcombe residents raised the roof to celebrate the completion of restoration work to its village hall.
The village hall, which is situated alongside the village church and community pub, has undergone improvements to the roof as well as redecoration work on the inside of the building.
To mark the occasion a buffet was laid on by the Jubilee Hall ladies for those who helped to finance and support fund-raising efforts to complete the project.
The hall’s original roof, which had stood the test of time for 75-years, was refurbished by Andrew Hart and The Arc Angels, who were also present at the event.
Chairman of the Hall Committee David Meyrick praised their determination to complete the project during this most difficult summer weather.
He also thanked all those who had given grants towards the project.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
Hall committee member Clifford Every and his team of Dave Davenport, Matt Stubbington, Ruth Everitt and Peter Nicholls, who redecorated the inside of the hall, received a rapturous applause for their efforts.
Craft Club member Kia Helston, of Axminster, won the �100 prize in the Sammy Slate raffle, which raised �1750 towards the roof fund.