YFC girls are runners up in national tug-of-war contest
The girls tug-of-war team from Honiton Young Farmers Club reached the national finals of the YFC s tug-of-war competition, held at the last ever Royal Show in Warwickshire.
The girls' tug-of-war team from Honiton Young Farmers' Club reached the national finals of the YFC's tug-of-war competition, held at the last ever Royal Show in Warwickshire.
The team lost to Derbyshire, but members say they were pleased to be placed second.
"We would like to thank Andrew Tucker for coaching us and Sid Tucker for being our water boy," said Nicola Bartlett on behalf of the team.
She added: "Also, we must say a big thank you to local wood turner Martin Symes for saving the day when one of the girls' boots fell apart. He had a hammer and nails to sort it."
You may also want to watch:
To reach the finals, the girls trained three times a week and took top places in two previous competitions.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 The importance of renewable energy
- 10 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event