You did Devon proud, boys!
Sweet Black Angels rock Cardiff
Honiton-based musicians Sweet Black Angels have rocked Cardiff - and local residents were there to witness the spectacle.
A coach full of local fans travelled to Tiger Tiger in the Welsh capital to see the folk-rock band perform at Noel Gallagher’s After Show Party.
And they were not disappointed.
“From the moment we stepped on the bus to head up to Cardiff, I knew it was going to be a great day,” said Lisa Spence, of Honiton.
“The boys did us proud - an awesome gig. It was worth walking back home through Honiton at 5:30am!”
Lisa added: “We met some brilliant people, who made the day such a laugh.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
“I haven’t laughed that much in years.”
Claire Leigh-Clutton, of Honiton, said: “Where to begin... I had such an amazing day.
“A road trip with the Sweet Black Angels was never going to be dull.
“I met some amazing people, made new friends and the guys did the best gig; I absolutely loved it. They did Devon proud.”
Melanie Cramer, of Honiton, said: “It’s always a pleasure to see Sweet Black Angels play.
“Their effort, time and energy paid off. They rocked Tiger Tiger.
“I hope their success continues.”
Ceri Ward, of Sidford, said: “We travelled up by car and met up with everyone in Cardiff.
“It was our first time seeing the whole band play and it was amazing.
“They did Devon proud.”
Sweet Black Angels previously performed at the O2 Arena in London, part of the line-up at another Noel Gallagher event. Band members say the gig in Cardiff was “awesome” and that having their local supporters travel with them to the show made it even more special.
You can find out more about Sweet Black Angels by visiting the band’s Facebook page.