Young Farmers get into the giving spirit
- Credit: Archant
Yarcombe and District Young Farmers Club present CLIC Sargent with £3,450.
Yarcombe and District Young Farmers Club has been getting into the spirit of giving and helped to support a number of charities.
Bobby Barnes, the club’s previous chairman, and Jacalyn Dobson, the former secretary, presented a cheque for £3,450 to Sarah Shaw of CLIC Sargent.
This money was raised over the year through events such as carol singing, a whist drive and Christmas draw, donations, and a water party held in August.
CLIC Sargent was Yarcombe and District Young Farmers chosen charity for 2013 to 2013 as it was cause close to several members hearts.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Shaw who received the cheque explained to members what a difference this money is likely to make to families with a child receiving treatment up in Bristol, especially to help with accommodation costs.
The club also raised more than £1,600 for Cancer Research UK in July when 21 ofs female members took part in the Race for Life at Vivary Park in Taunton.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Another cheque was presented to the village of Buckland St Mary for £300, which is to be split between the school, pre-school and Brownies.
This money was raised from a charity walk and cream tea afternoon held in September at Lanes Farm, Buckland St Mary by kind permission of Mr and Mrs Peter Doble.
They let the club and Buckland St Mary Church use the marquee after their daughter Gemma’s wedding to fellow Yarcombe and District member Ray Burrough the day before.
Yarcombe and District Young Farmers Club has thanked everyone for helping to raise this money.