Young Lyme film reviewer’s starring role
MP Oliver Letwin presents teenager with his clapperboard trophy
A WOODROFFE School pupil who won a national competition for his film reviews took centre stage to receive his trophy
Michael Ruddick, 15, was presented with his clapperboard prize by West Dorset MP Oliver Letwin.
Michael won a contest run by Film Club to review movies that showed how some countries have very different political systems of government to our own. The students watched Percepolis, Burma VJ and Gandhi and discussed their content in citizenship lessons.
Michael’s review was posted on the Film Club website and was selected nationally as the winner. Film Club then awarded the school a trip to the Houses of Parliament for Michael and his friends.
After the award ceremony the MP took part in a question and answer session with the students about issues of current concern to them.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route