Young Lyme girl taken ill after drinking binge
Police seized lager from youths in town gardens
A YOUNG girl needed hospital treatment after a drinking binge at Lyme Regis on Friday night.
She was with a group of young people in Langmoor Gardens who had earlier had 20 cans of lager seized from them by police.
Officers say that some time later she became so drunk her friends called her parents for help.
Community Beat Manager PC Richard Winward told The Herald: “Whilst on foot patrol in the gardens, we were aware that someone had been sick, and found, at the entrance to Langmoor Gardens a girl being held up by her friends.
You may also want to watch:
“The girl could not stand on her own, could not talk and was totally out of it. Her parents arrived to collect her and were advised to take her straight to hospital at Dorchester or Exeter.
“Alcohol poisoning can result in death. With the lighter evenings coming, parents must know where their children are and what they are doing.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public