Young writers needed
Honiton and District Writer’s Group launches its 2011 Young Writers Competition.
BUDDING young writers from East Devon are invited to take on the challenge of the Honiton and District Writer’s Group 2011 Young Writers Competition.
The annual competition is open to primary and senior school children aged between five and 18.
Entrants must write an original story of up to 750 words on any subject.
This year is the first time the competition has been extended to include entries from senior schools.
You may also want to watch:
The junior entries will be judged by children’s writer and author of the Tribe series of books T M Alexander and the senior entries will be overseen by fellow judge and author of the Warrior King, Sue Purkiss.
Winners will receive a framed certificate, gift tokens and a signed book.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Entries must be submitted by November 10 to John Carter, Smokey House, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX14 9AD.