Young writers needed
Honiton and District Writer’s Group launches its 2011 Young Writers Competition.
BUDDING young writers from East Devon are invited to take on the challenge of the Honiton and District Writer’s Group 2011 Young Writers Competition.
The annual competition is open to primary and senior school children aged between five and 18.
Entrants must write an original story of up to 750 words on any subject.
This year is the first time the competition has been extended to include entries from senior schools.
You may also want to watch:
The junior entries will be judged by children’s writer and author of the Tribe series of books T M Alexander and the senior entries will be overseen by fellow judge and author of the Warrior King, Sue Purkiss.
Winners will receive a framed certificate, gift tokens and a signed book.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
Entries must be submitted by November 10 to John Carter, Smokey House, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX14 9AD.