10 race card at Black Forest Lodge
A total of 214 entries has resulted in a superb 10-race programme for the Mid Devon point-to-point at Black Forest Lodge this Sunday (February 6).
The first race will now be at 11am, preceded by two pony races starting at 10am.
The Confined race gets the point-to-point card under way, with Southwestern, Gold Medallist and Quaddick Lake heading the 21 entries.
Gone To Lunch could make a welcome return to pointing in the Men’s Open. This runner up in the last two Scottish Nationals will be embarking on a hunter chase campaign this season. Recent course winner Offshore Account, Man From Highworth and Burntoakboy are amongst the opposition.
The Ladies’ Open features the impressive Silverton winner Picaroon, but fellow Welsh travellers, Chesnut Annie and Lady Myfanwy, make this a top class contest.
You may also want to watch:
Blackstaff and Bleuvito may fight out the finish of the Intermediate, whilst the 36 nominations for the Restricted include Buried Gold, Hope And Praey and Easy Dancer.
The Open Maiden has been split into five divisions, with 19 in each section. Parkam Jack, Kiristani, Quotation Mark and Hard To Tell have all been knocking at the door this season and are tentative thoughts amongst the mammoth entry.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The top viewing course is reported in excellent shape with fresh ground around the bends. Entry costs �20 per car with �10 for a single occupant. Black Forest Lodge is located 5 miles south of Exeter, near the B3381 which is between the A380 and Starcross. The course is signposted from the A380. EX6 8HR. A bar is operating and there is ample good food available for the family.