Austin and Adams fly the AVR flag in National Lottery Anniversary Run in London
AVR runners have been busy recently, writes Dave Mutter.
Carol Austin and Lesley Adams ran the National Lottery Anniversary Run which was five miles around Olympic park and finishing in the stadium on the hallowed track of Mo, Jess and Usain fame.
Austin completed the run in 35:21 (801st) whilst Adams completed the event in a time of 47:04 (5551st).
There were 12,500 runners in what was a superb occasion.
Elsewhere, Liam Roberts raced in the Vic Musgrove Fast 5km, which was held in Telford and finished in 15:40 to win by 11 seconds from Joe Brocklehurst of Shrewsbury AC and record a two second personla best.
You may also want to watch:
This was a big surprise for him after a month of poor training and given the lack of race-friendly weather recently and he os now looking for a significant improvement with a period of consistent training.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert