AVR awards handed out after super meal at Beer’s Dolphin Hotel
- Credit: Archant
The annual AVR dinner and awards were held at the Dolphin Hotel at Beer, writes Dave Mutter.
After some sumptuous dining, club chairman Garry Perratt, ably assisted by Eleanor Wood, presented the awards.
The Male runner of the year trophy went to Terry Emmett and the Female runner of the year trophy went to Amy Greenhalgh.
Andy Sayers received the Founder’s Trophy and the President’s Shield went to Paul Johns (double ironman).
The Male New Member winner was Karl Hodson with Fran Hodson winning the Female New Member award.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Grigg was deemed to be the most improved Male with Vicky Hirons the most improved Female.
The Team prize went to the Tram winning team of Garry Perratt, Karl Hodson, Matt Clist and Matt Hewer while the Club person of the year award went to Tony Smith (Grizzly, Juniors, Parkrun and producer of top-class runners).
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
The Chairman’s Shield went to Phil Bayliss (Juniors), Alan Morbey was the 2016 handicap winner amassing 131 points with Flo Swann coming second with 127 and Craig Tiley, third with 125.
It was a wonderful evening to round off a superb 2016 and now all involved with AVR looks forward to a similar 2017.
A splendid time was had by all and the club looks forward to a great 2017