AVR duo impress in maiden Aquathon at Dawlish
- Credit: Archant
AVR duo Ethan and John Day did their first Aquathon at Dawlish in the Novice Race of 12 lengths swim followed by a 1.5 mile run, writes Dave Mutter.
In what were freezing conditions, Ethan had a brilliant swim, exiting the pool leaving John two lengths behind.
Ethan went on to finish second with John next home in third.
Thanks to Exeter Tri Club for organising a great event and many thanks to Pure Endurance Triathletes for being a fantastic supportive team.
In other news from AVR - David Cook ran in the South West Veterans’ 6k run at Sidford and in wet and slippery conditions he was pleased to finish 35th in 33:43.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly Stamp ran the Blackmore Vale half marathon at Sherborne and in her first attempt at the 13.1 mile distance was pleased to finish the hilly course in 1:48, 186th out of 369.
Ragnhild Richards completed the Tough Ten (miles) in 1:29:28 finishing first over 55 in her debut run for AVR.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
On her 55th birthday, Carol Austin ran the Fulfords 5 in Exmouth finishing 2nd W55 and 113th overall in 38:36. The largely flat road run led to some very fast times with 239 finishers. It was well organised by Exmouth Harriers.
Anders Larsson and Pippa Wyatt ran in the Portland Half marathon which goes around the whole of Portland on the costal path. It started and finished at the sailing academy. Once we got to Portland Bill at mile six we had a head wind the whole way home which was hard going. It was a lovely route with lots of mud.
Pippa finished 10th lady, 58th overall in 2:18:49 and Anders was 103rd, 2:41:48.