AVR duo in Netherlands run
- Credit: Archant
AVR members Graham and Diane Newton travelled to the Netherlands, along with over 42,000 other runners, to take part in the 41st Amsterdam Marathon weekend, writes Dave Mutter.
First up was Graham, lining up for the start of the marathon in the historical Olympic Stadium.
The route follows part of the Olympic course running along the Amstel River, through the famous Rijksmuseum, winding its way through the heart of the city past canals and windmills, to finish for a final lap around the stadium.
Graham was pleased to finish in 3:34:08, getting home in 2,603rd position overall, and eighth in his age category.
Diane, waiting in line for the start of the half marathon, was just able to see Graham run past on his final sprint before she too was off.
You may also want to watch:
Diane settling for a more leisurely pace, jogged around the course enjoying the view, finishing in 2:49:25.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West