AVR foursome outrun the Tram
- Credit: Archant
The annual Race Tram relay race from Colyton to Seaton was run in exceptional weather and for the first time for years the Tram was beaten, writes Dave Mutter.
The team of Garry Perratt, Karl Hodson, Matt Clyst and Matt Hewer raced the route in 7:41:23, beating the tram by a margin of just five seconds!
Four other teams took part with the juniors running from Colyton to Colyford through the fields and passing the baton to their senior colleagues.
All teams ran very well with the Blue team finishing in 7:41:35, the Black team 7:41:47, Gold team 7:43:01 and Silver team 7:43:10.
After the race all runners adjourned to the beach and were treated to a barbecue cooked by master chef’s Rick Wood and Paul Johns.
You may also want to watch:
There were 70 runners there and the gas expired on the barbecue, unlike the gas emanating from the running community!
The real winner was the Devon Air Ambulance that benefited from the fee for the tram being donated to that worthwhile charity.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery