AVR member Terry Emmett runs into second place at Martock 10k event
- Credit: Archant
Three AVR’s went to the notoriously fast and flat Martock 10k on Sunday, writes Dave Mutter.
The course certainly lived up to reputation as Terry Emmett and Matt Hewer continued their running improvement by both setting new Personal Best’s.
Terry finished second in a fantastic time of 35:46 and Matt finished 13th in 38:32. Robin Britton completed the course in 55:38, 169th person home, well inside his target time of an hour.
On Saturday, Patrick Devine-Wright took part in the Vegan Skyrace.
The route crosses fifteen 3,000ft summits in Snowdonia, North Wales, as well as the notorious Crib Goch ridge and covers a distance of 55km (33 miles), with about 4000m of vertical climb.
You may also want to watch:
The event was contested in humid conditions with low cloud, limited visibility and slippery rocks.
Patrick finished joint sixth in nine hours 20 minutes.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon