AVR members enjoy an ‘alternative Predictor run’
- Credit: Archant
AVR’s were invited to have a go at the Alternative Predictor run, writes Dave Mutter.
Normally, in Predictor runs, you all start off together on a known mileage route, the winner being the person who gets nearest to their predicted time.
Not being able to run together a slightly different version ensued.
Runners chose their route of known mileage, predicted their run time, but did not know what the criteria was for winning.
The criteria turned out to be the nearest to 20 seconds under their predicted time won it.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations, to Sam Summers, who was only two seconds adrift on a 4-mile route.
On the other hand, the runner furthest away from their time was Paul Tolchard who was 15 minutes and 14 seconds adrift on a 4.8-mile route.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Football in support of mental health
Well done, to everyone who took part in a bit of lockdown fun.