AVR quartet complete the Age UK Exeter 10k Superhero Run
- Credit: Archant
Four Axe Valley Runners took on the Age UK Exeter 10k Superhero Run which is part of the Instep series of races, writes Dave Mutter.
It starts and finishes from the Piazza Terracina at Haven Banks. 32nd overall and the first F45 was Karen Eyre in 45:50.
Denise Burgess also completed the run, finishing in 1:17:42. For the men, Lee Moran, competing in his first road 10k for some time, ran a very good 38:09 finishing sixth and second M40. He was closely followed by Rob Collier, who finished seventh and also 2nd M45 in a time of 38:29.
Meanwhile, Ellie Dominey completed the Killerton Duathlon, a run-bike-run sprint of 5k - 20k - 3k, with off-road runs around Killerton grounds and a road bike to Cullompton and back.
There was a strong female field so didn't expect too much and set out conservatively as it was her first multi-sport race since giving birth to her son just four months ago, but was pleased to feel strong throughout and finish as third female, 24th overall in a total time of 1:15:57.
You may also want to watch:
Cliff Marriott spent the weekend in Berkshire at the Endure 24 hour event as part of a five-man team, 'Spice Up Your Life'.
Cliff managed six five-mile laps throughout the 24 hours and is now spiced out!
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
AVR Matt Hewer won the latest Seaton Parkrun in a time of 19:19 with Alice Wright of Vale of Aylesbury AC, taking second place in 19:28 and Molly Adkin was third in 19:43.