AVR runner Matt Clist sets new record during the Wessex Ridgeway Relay
- Credit: Archant
A new AVR club record was set during Sunday’s Wessex Ridgeway Relay, writes Dave Mutter.
This 68-mile, 12-stage event follows the Dorset section of this long-distance path from Tollard Royal between Blandford and Salisbury to Uplyme.
Matt Clist exceeded the previous record for number of legs run, beating Alex, Garry and Guy Lavender’s six legs in previous years by adding one more when Garry Perratt wimped out of leg nine.
The other team members were Tim Sibley, Tony Wood and Robin Britton who, with Garry, did their best to keep up with Matt, finishing sixth in about 9:45, about three quarters of an hour slower and two places down from the best club time and placing from previous years.
On Sunday morning Luke Reed took part on the New Forest Standard distance Triathlon. The race comprised of a 1500m estuary swim, a 35k bike ride and 11k multi terrain run. Luke had a very good race finishing 15th overall out of 215, and third in his 30-34 age group.
You may also want to watch:
His split times were 30.44 for the swim which was a bit longer than the scheduled 1500m! 1.01.20 for the bike and 46.17 for the run, giving him an overall time of 2.18.21.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott