AVR running a ‘Couch to 5k course’
- Credit: Archant
AVR is organising a ‘Couch to 5k’ course for complete beginner runners aged 18 and over, writes Dave Mutter.
If you are a novice, but would like to work up to being able to run 5k, please come and join us.
The course will take place every Monday for 12 weeks from September 2.
The meet time is 6.30pm and the venue the Scout Hut in Scalwell Lane, Seaton.
The cost is just £5 per participant. Please wear suitable footwear and comfortable clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Every session will include a warm-up and a cool-down followed by a series of run/walks.
Over the 12 weeks the running element will increase gradually.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Our aim will be for all participants to be able to run 5k at a pace suitable for them.
If you need more information please contact us via our Facebook page or email email@example.com