AVR’s Liam Denny runs the Munich Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-two degrees celsius and blazing sun wasn’t what Liam Denny hoped for when running the Munich Marathon, which he completed in his second-best time of 3:49:34, which – given the heat – he was very pleased with, writes Dave Mutter.
He finished 1,400 out of a field of 4,500. The finish line was inside the 1972 Olympic stadium where there was a fantastic atmosphere and free non-alcoholic beer.
However, as it’s Liam’s birthday on Tuesday he went off to celebrate with the real stuff in Munich’s Bavarian Bierkellers!
Another AVR, Cliff Marriott, ran the 12k Studland Stampede and was told to watch out for sika deer and nudists!
The entire run was off-road with lots of undulation and running along the beach.
You may also want to watch:
Cliff completed it in 1.07.47 and didn’t see a single deer or naked person
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax