AVR six tackle Bridport 10k
- Credit: Archant
Six AVR’s took the short trip to Bridport for an easy Bank Holiday 10k – it just happened that the weather decided to be energy sapping sub – Saharan, writes Dave Mutter.
Kevin Feeney forged ahead, but Bec Davey and Laura Kerr kept together buoyed by their conversation.
There was some weird course marking and three AVR’s independently managed to interpret the route signs as passing through some resident’s property – who luckily saw the amusing side.
The last drama found Sam Summers attempting to cross the finishing line from the wrong side and hastily being shown the way by her fellow AVR’s for the final 200 metres. Times were: Kevin Feeney, 50:23; Bec Davey, 55:39; Laura Kerr, 55:53; Mark Spraggs, 57:51; Robert Kerr, 1:05:51 and Sam Summers, 1:18:39. Cooling drinks were greatly appreciated.
The latest Seaton Parkrun was won by Richard Drage of Tavistock AC in a time of 18:31.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Honiton RC’s Adam Hennessey in a time of 18:46 and AVR’s John Blackledge was third in 18:58.
The first lady home was Carol Austin, finishing 36th overall in a time of 23:33.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis