AVR trio in North Devon action at the Barnstaple Marathon
- Credit: Archant
AVR members Kerry Board and Karen Eyre ran the Barnstaple full marathon, writes Dave Mutter.
Karen finished as 19th female and 89th overall in a time of 3.55.14.
Kerry followed her in as 20th female, 96th overall, in 3.57.27 knocking a massive 25 minutes off her PB marathon time.
Angela and Martin Kerr ran the half marathon. Angela finished 203rd in 1:59:13 and Martin 341st, 2:26:10.
Conditions weren’t too bad, but it was a bit breezy and they had a 20-minute shower when they hit the 20-mile marker.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry had to stop at one point with another group of runners to allow an ambulance down a track before she was allowed to continue.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery