AVR trio take on another challenge
- Credit: Archant
AVR is a club bursting with athletes who are never afraid of a challenge, writes Dave Mutter.
A challenge many have embraced has been triathlon, with three members taking part in the Frome sprint triathlon on Sunday.
This comprised a 400m pool swim 25k (19 mile if you’re Jon and go wrong!) bike and a 5k run.
First home was Jon Day with splits of; 8:48, 59:28 and 23:40 and ten minutes removed for an extended bike leg giving a total of 1:26:49, 49th overall.
Next was Antony Chadwick, a new member, he managed; 8:39, 46:45 and 26:29 for a total of 1:27:20 and 52nd place.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, it was a club member who swore he would never do a triathlon and clearly it punished him for the years of abuse he’s shown the sport.
Chris Keeffe managed; 10:21, 1:06:37 and 35:25 for a total of 1:59:06, 165th out of 181 finishers with his knees ruined trying to run off the bike! However, a great day was had by all.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax