AVR youngster Hawkes wins Ugborne Ug Fun Run
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Umborne Ug 2.5k Fun Run proved to be a popular event, writes Dave Mutter.
The race was won comfortably by 13-year-old AVR junior Arun Hawkes in a time of 11:04.
Matthew Lissenburg of Poole AC was second in 11:56 and AVR junior Ethan Huntley took third spot in 12:20.
The girls’ race was won by 7-year-old Ella Shaw of St Joseph’s School, Launceston. Young Ella was also fourth overall in a time of 12:28 and second in this category was AVRs Ella Magrane, sixth overall in a time of 13:14.
Finishing third in what was her first race for a while, was Beer Primary’s Darcie Morton.
You may also want to watch:
There were three other junior AVR’s involved. Josh D’Albertanson was ninth in 14:02, Holly Eyre, 11th in 14:09 and Sammie D’Albertanson, 13th, in 15:18.
There were 36 runners in the fun run including two walkers, John Barrington-Rowell led round by Stephen Atkins.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
There was also a 7k walk and all dogs that crossed the finish line received a bonio!
Events like this cannot happen without the superb support of so many people including local landowners for allowing us to pass over their land, the 20 marshals and water station helpers, timers, back markers and Garry Perratt for yet again doing all the results.
The runs were followed by a barbecue together with hot drinks and delicious home-made cakes and a bar. So, a big thank you to all those people who helped with this, guided and cajoled by Rick and Eleanor Wood - what a massive team effort and most certainly will have raised a substantial amount for the Village Hall Fund.