AVRs Clare Hansford runs the Hadrian’s Wall half marathon
- Credit: Archant
Fancying a change of scenery en route to her daughter’s graduation in Durham, AVR member Clare Hansford diverted to Haltwhistle in Northumbria to run the Hadrian’s Wall half marathon, writes Dave Mutter.
Well worth the long drive, this spectacular race took in a section of the wall and the Pennine Way, plus undulating moorland, trails and forestry tracks.
In a field of just under 300 runners, Clare was pleased to finish 34th in 1:48:18, fifth lady and first V50.
Roger Bramley took part in the North Devon AONB Half Marathon.
Described as one of the most challenging and visually stunning events in the UK, this certified Fell run is in aid of North Devon Hospice.
You may also want to watch:
The blisteringly hot conditions certainly added to the challenge and Roger was very pleased to finish in 02:16, 156th out of 403 finishers.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters