AVRs Clist first home in Colyton Fiver
- Credit: Archant
The Colyton Fiver and fun runs were once again a great success and through generous donations from the competitors as well as the cakes and refreshments £791.81 was raised for the BBC Children In Need appeal, writes Dave Mutter.
Matt Clist was the victor in the Fiver taking only 27:55 for the somewhat muddy multi-terrain route.
Second home was Simon Bayliss in 29:52 which pleased race organisers Phil and Vicky Bayliss no end!
Alex Todd was third in a time of 30:15 and a super run from Jon Day saw him finish fourth and also first makle over 40 in a spendid time of 31:29.
Amy Greenhalgh was the first lady home and ninth overall in 33:03 and Graham Newton’s fine run of form continued as he finished first over 60 and 11th overall in 34:26.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Austin was the first over 50 lady, 23rd overall in 37:55. Other AVR results were: James Guler sixth in 32:17; John Blackledge eighth in 32:55; Ian Apps tenth in 34:08; Mark Nevell1, 15th, 34:55; Tony Wood, 17th, 35:47; Robin Britton, 18th, 36:08; Ian Clements, 25th, 38:37; Margaret Pearce, 28th, 39:37; Alan Morbey, 31st, 39:50; Anna McLoughlin, 33rd, 41:02; Andrew Sayers, 35th, 41:28; Stephen Morbey 36th, 41:45; Tracey Anning-Beckett 39th, 42:41; Steven Lewis 40th, 42:48; Dave Mutter 45th, 43:42; Margaret Todd 46th, 43:45; Chris Hill 47th, 43:57; Birthday Boy Rick Wood 50th, 44:22; Carolyn Selley 55th, 47:20; Lesley Adams 56th, 47:34; Lisa Gregory 67th, 53:46 and Liz Thomas, 70th in 1:04:30.
Many AVR’s were also involved with the organisation acting as marshals, timekeepers, backmarkers and selling teas and cakes, so many thanks to them all and to the landowners for letting the course run over their private fields. Other results will be on the AVR website very soon.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery